Monday, December 05, 2005

December and Me

So then it's December. This leaves me uncertain as to how 2005 passed me by with the utmost stealth and the lightest footsteps. December shocked me into a small stroke this afternoon, when i peered over to the calendar for cashout verification.

December!

So i remedied the distressing convulsion with the calm of a cigarette in the bitter cold. And the blowing snow shared the cigarette with me, draining the luscious flavour of the imported Japanese Marlboro just as urgently as i was able to manage.

And then i said to December, "Maybe this is a bad idea. i think i need to rehabilitate myself."

And to reply, a cold and painful gust of wind into my face, snow whipping at my cheeks and into my lungs.

2 comments:

  1. December --
    the glow of a cigarette
    in the alley way

    ReplyDelete
  2. december is the month that coaxes me to smoke - in alley ways and in hipster bars.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete