Thursday, May 09, 2013

On Delete

i cannot seem to finish this last results chapter. i am writing the same thing over and over again, then deleting it, then rewriting the same thing i had deleted. My whole results is the same sentence over and over again, on repeat, with words like "decrease in transconjugants" twisted slightly in the next sentence as "fewer colonies recovered." My discussion section now is looking much the same. Shit is bleak.

i have to finish this chapter by the end of this week, and then finish the introduction and conclusions by the end of next week. And then the intro is being recycled into into a book chapter straight aways, so faster, cy, faster! 

And so to continue the dwelling in my misfortunes,  i injured my ankle and calf and dammit, my whole left leg, so now i am hobbling around, limping in pain and unable to run my frustrations away like i usually can, because recovering at my age is now a month-long process.

And then i took on the job of baking 50 vegan cupcakes for a birthday bash. i will be compensated in kegs of beer. But not soon enough.

i think i am losing it, and losing my hair, and losing my vision, and losing time.

2 comments:

  1. I switched from "grown-up poetry" to haiku because I kept rewriting the same poem over and over again. I should have deleted the ones that sucked, but given my shitty editing skills, would have probably deleted only the good ones. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kindness and encouragement. i am so much in need of moral support, as my morale is diggin' into the ground low these days.

    i've read a few of the longer haikus you've done and they were lovely, so i am so curious as to what your "grown up poetry" would be like. Care to share any pre-haiku works?

    ReplyDelete